Friday, December 14, 2012

Weeping for the children and our country

I'm not sure what to say, what can be said, about this senseless slaughter of innocents.  I am, of course, a gun control advocate, but it is more than guns that killed these little children.  The gunman was mentally ill, there is no other answer, but why didn't anyone see it or do anything about it.  Maybe they did.  I certainly don't know everything about this situation.  what I do know, however, is that public discourse in this country has spiraled down to an unacceptable level.  We can't have different opinions without denigrating the other side.  Still remember the 2012 elections?

I do know that all 50 states now ALLOW  concealed guns!  What the hell have we become?  For what reason do we need guns in our homes?  Why would we need to go around with a gun concealed?

I don't have the answers, but I have the emotion.  I am so sad and so concerned about where we are headed.  I cannot imagine how my brother could handle it if his little five year old were one of those murdered and I feel so incredibly sad for these families and the families of the teachers who were killed today.


No comments:

Post a Comment