Thursday, September 6, 2012

Get Fuzzy - My laugh for each day



Get Fuzzy is my favorite comic.  I start each day by chuckling or sometimes laughing out loud at these characters.  I've not included it in the blog because I was afraid that it would be hard to understand.   I don't think I can really share my life as a retiree without in cluding this important piece of me (reading the comics each morning) and revealing my sense of humor.

So let me explain Get Fuzzy:  Rob Wilco, a single ad executive is the custodian of two anthropomorphic characters - Bucky Katt and Satchel Pooch.  Each is an extreme stereotype of cats and dogs.  Bucky is a temperamental cross-eyed Siamese cat who rules the roost in their apartment.  Sweet, trusting, naive Satchel is a Shar Pei/Labrador mix and the butt of many of self-centered Bucky's  exploits.  The two of them remind me so much of my own characters - Indy my Bucky-like Shih Tzu and Chapi, my Satchel-like Bichon Frise. 

Many of the comic strips go on for many days and are hard to understand by themselves.  I’ll try to intersperse those that make sense on their own.


Becca's Briefs - September 6, 2012

Not really that much to brief in today's paper, except politics, and I am trying not to get political in this blog.  I did love listening to Bill Clinton and could listen to him always.

Kathleen Parker's column:  The value of fathers.  Loved her column on  Michelle Obama's speech and her message that being a man means taking care of your family.


1 comment: