Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bike Trip Update


Mantova - Friday night
 I got in trouble this morning because I did not diclose that I too fell during the trip.  The difference, I pleaded, is that I did not fall OFF my bicicleta----both of us fell over at the same time trying to avoid two people exiting a bus.  I still have the fewest and smallest bruises!

We will take the 12:28 bus to Verona and until then take a little stroll through Mantova.  Lots of German tourists as usual, but we are in Italy...scooters, bikes, cappucino and great wine.  Life is Good.

We arrived at our apartment in Verona about 1:30.  Antica Verona  It is a fabulous place in the old part of the town.  Talk about being in the right place.  Carlos, the owner, showed us how everything works and took us to the door of a great restaurant the Osteria da Bertoldo.  Wow, the food was out of this world and the wine!  I had the Paparedella with cheese and walnuts.  Great lunch and start to the Verona visit.

Front door and Motorbike

Vegetable market on "our" street

Friend and I just got back from the super mart called PAM for things for breakfast.  I said I knew how to use the espresso pot, so lets hope I remember tomorrow morning.  I could definitely stay in this place for a while, but we have only three more days.  Will post pictures as soon as I down load them.
Apartment we are renting

No comments:

Post a Comment