Thursday, January 3, 2013

DAY 125

The holidays are over, my visitors are gone, and it is time to get down to the business of my retirement plans.  From my perspective, January 2, 2013, is the beginning of the rest of my life.  That sounds really important, doesn't it?  That date is not that momentous, but I had given myself 3 months or until after the holidays to live life without much of a plan.  Those who know me, know that being plan-less is not my normal way of life, so beginning yesterday, I started developing the plan.My first order of business was to set up my exercise routine.  Friend and I returned to Body Pump yesterday morning.  I don't know about her, but my chest and gluteous maximus are hurting this morning.  We got back.  That is the important thing.  In the afternoon, we plotted out our routine for the next week.  More BP, Yoga for me and if I can find my Zumba buddy, Zumba for me next week.  The cardio of our routine, other than my Zumba, will be what we are calling "destination walks."  That is, we are plotting out places to go in this area that would involve 4-6 mile walks.  Last summer, for example, we walked from Georgetown to Union Station to visit the H Street re-vitalization.  That was about 6 miles, and then we took the bus back.  That was a great walk!  Usually Friend plans the destinations, but I need to get moving and figure out a few.                                                                                                                                     2. I am volunteering at Martha's Table next week.
3. I start painting classes on the 8th.
4. Rosetta Stone (Spanish) and a tutor the following week.
Let's see how all of this goes. 
 My calendar has at least one thing on it for the next two weeks, including a trip to New York this weekend for my travel writing class, a play and a visit with my old friend, Nadine.

No comments:

Post a Comment