Sunday, January 20, 2013

The simple life of the retired.

- Since the painting class, it has been a bit slow around here for things to post.  I got quite a chuckle out of this one, though:  US programmer outsources own job.  This guy hired a Chinese programmer to do his work at a fraction of his salary, then played on the computer all day.  Sort of like what I do all day, BUT I AM RETIRED.  HA HA HA HA HA..I think he was being pretty resourceful.

The rest of my week has been going to the gym (Body Pump three times and Yoga on Friday), walking with Friend, and chuckling each morning over Satchel Pooch and Bucky Katt's conversations about Bucky's hunting and killing expertise, or lack thereof.  In this one, Bucky is claiming he can take down a buffalo.  Note that he gets irate when he thinks Satchel is saying that a buffalo is an amphibian (ambitious/amphibian).  I love the last panel because of Bucky's big ideas about himself (I don't need women to do all my killing for me.) and Satchel's regret for asking for a kitten for Christmas....and getting Bucky!



Today my chuckle is just about Satchel's facial expressions and his beautiful naivete.


I'll be watching the Inauguration tomorrow from the warmth of the couch in front of the fire.  I've got optimism, kind of like Bucky, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment