Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration 2013

I simply LOVE the Battle Hymn of the Republic.  The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir did a great job.  I never thought much about this song, other than that I liked it.  Now however, I'm thinking about our "republic"...our system of government run by a man (woman?) elected by the people.  One definition says that a republic is a " state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them."   That seems like something we should be honoring.

Kelly Clarkson hit it out of the park with My Country 'Tis of Thee, and Beyonce with the National Anthem.

Weather here in the DC area was a real gift today.  Last week was cold and rainy every day, tomorrow it will be in the low 20's, but this morning it was in the 30's and sunny when I took my visitors to catch the Metro for the Inauguration.  Friend and I enjoyed the whole thing on TV in front of the fire.  I love the grandeur, will live through it all this evening when my visitors recount all that they saw and did today, but I like my comfort too much to get down to the Mall.

God Bless America!


No comments:

Post a Comment