Monday, January 7, 2013

DAY 129 - Time, where does it go?

To those considering retirement, I am here to tell you, time just fleets by.  This is why I've not made a post in several days....I just haven't had/taken the time.

My oil paintings are going to be worth a lot more than I had anticipated.  That is because Saturday I walked (with Friend) to the Art League Store to purchase supplies for my beginning oil painting class, which starts tomorrow.  $315!!  I will be painting three pictures:  one green pear, two bosc pears (brown I believe) and one still life of my choice.  For this I had to purchase 10 expensive brushes (2 made of sable), 15 tubes of paint, paper, tape, and cleaning medium.  I am sure to learn alot because I can't figure out how those 15 colors would be needed to paint those three pictures.  I'll be sure to include photos in future posts to preserve my efforts.  My fear is that my efforts will be akin to the 80 year old woman in Spain who tried to fix a centuries old painting of Jesus.  Honestly, if you don't see my paintings this spring, just figure I was too embarrassed to show them.

NOTE TO SELF:  "Just because you lift weights 2 or 3 times a week, does not mean that you can pick up a case of Heineken from a grocery store cart, if you are not in the correct position."  That little move cost me two days this weekend with a strained lower back.  That meant I did not get the house cleaned, which has become quite an obsession with me now that I am retired.

Downton Abbey - None of us watched it last night because we didn't want to stay up that late!  Isn't that sad?  I used to go out dancing about the same time I go to sleep now.  Time marches on.  The good news is that we will have a DA party tonight with pizza and wine to watch the start of season three.  Girls' parties rule!

Busy week this week:  Body Pump, painting class, Martha's Table, Body Pump, New York City.  Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment