Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Load up your rifles and meet me on the 14th street bridge!

Protesters plan on coming to Washington on July 4th with loaded rifles.  

In the words of the former Decider, 'Bring it on!'

The organizer, an Iraq veteran, says “We will march with rifles loaded and flung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated and cower in submission to tyranny,” Kokesh wrote on his Web site. “Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington. . . . We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST [his capitalization] way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.”

Yeah, this is just what I want to take place in my town on Independence Day.  THIS is why I am sick of the NRA, sick of the gun-obsessed culture.  What in the world makes this guy think that bringing 100s or 1,000s of people to town armed and loaded is a good idea?  If he is so against our government, maybe he should emigrate to a country that has a more 'open' attitude towards guns.  Maybe somewhere in the east...

I love starting my day off with the Washington Post.  It gets me just riled up enough.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment