Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life is beautiful

Life can be so beautiful when you wake to the sound of three (or four) little birds cheeping out to the mama bird for some food.  That is my life now and for possibly the next 14-18 days.  

A house finch and her mate have decided to set up home in a basket of flowers hanging on my front door.  This is not a picture of the actual nest because it is built deep between the silk roses and greenery.  My husband and I can't use our front door because we fear the babies will fall out.  Mama and papa regularly dive bomb us if we get too close.  But it is all worth it when I wake at 4:30 in the morning to all that beautiful noise downstairs.  They sleep a lot.  I try to get look at them through the window, but usually all I see are their growing feathers.  One day I lucked out and saw one with his/her mouth open just like in this photo.  It was magnificent.

Life is beautiful when you are retired and have time to:

  • take golf lessons and find out you can actually hit the ball pretty far and pretty straight
  • take drawing lessons and realize you can look at a nude model, not get too embarrassed and actually draw something that looks like the human body
  • take a road trip with girlfriends through western North Carolina and Virginia
  • plan a trip to China
  • create a garden
  • listen to the birds singing
I hope life is beautiful for you TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment