Wednesday, November 6, 2013

End of life as I knew it

It is the end of life as I knew it.

My beloved Washington Post has dropped my possibly even more beloved Get Fuzzy comic strip.  Donna Peremes defends her decision in today's Post, but Donna, you don't convince me.

For the past many years I have opened the comics page every morning to get my Get Fuzzy fix.  Many friends don't get the humor, but those two characters reminded me of my own boys, Chapi and Indy.  Chapi was the Satchel Pooch character.  So loving, so gullible, so naive.  Indy is my Bucky Katt guy.  He steals Chapi's food, grouches if Chapi is in "his" bed, and barks until one of us moves Chapi out of his way.  All four of them make my life so much happier.

I love to laugh and start the morning that way.  So, goodbye Post paper, hello Post on line.  Luckily, the strip will be available on line.  Post Publishers, you are killing me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment