Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stressing and Decompressing



NOTE:  My 15 year old nephew left earlier this week, so I’ve been de-compressing for a few days.  Nothing out of the ordinary, or so everyone tells me, but I’ve decided to wait until the whole lot turns 25 or so before I spend a whole week with any of them again.  Teenagers.  I know I was not like this when I was 15 because I didn’t have a cell phone.

I still don't have the mind-set to work on describing the rest of the bike trip, not just because of the TEENAGER, but because of our illustrious leadership. I've got to stop watching the news and reading the Post, but it's like watching a train wreck.  Can't take my eyes off.



So this post will bring you up to date on what's made my blood boil besides TEENAGERS. 

Ted Cruz.  Where are the birthers now?  The Tea Party darling was born in a foreign country (at least I believe Canada is still a sovereign state), of a foreign born father (whose home country is COMMUNIST - bwaaa haaa haaa haaa haaa), and it appears he will be making a run for the presidency in 2016.  Hmmmmmmm.  Come on.  Don't we have any liberal birthers out there?

Dan Cuccinelli.  With all of the problems we have in this country (SEE ABOVE) and in this state, our attorney general (and aspiring governor) has a lazer focus on our bedrooms (or wherever else folks have sex).



World War II Memorial.  I agree wholeheartedly that the WWII vets should have access to the memorial.  BUT, if government is closed because you bozos can't get a budget together, whose fault is that?  Not the lowly Park Service employees.  And HOW DARE YOU make this a spot for your political grandstanding.  Get back to the Capitol and work on the GD budget.  You can't pick and choose what is open.  I don't see any bleeding for the folks who can't pay their bills or get assistance, for Head Start kids and their mothers, or families who can't get into medical trials at NIH,not to mention the Federal employees who have become your favorite punching bags.  Who do you think writes the laws that Federal employees must enforce?  


People of Lubbock Texas, you should be ashamed if this guy gets re-elected.




One bright spot in the week, however. 

Petula Dvorak of the Washington Post wrote a beautiful piece about Our beautiful city.   How sick we all are of hearing how "Washington is broke, how much THEY don't want to be associated with Washington (even though they spent loads to get here)."  Petula sets it straight.  We love Washington and the surrounding areas.  Best place in the world to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment