Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I'm retired. I need my sleep, Bird Brain.

4:13 in the morning.  I'm asking myself what I've done to contribute to this situation.  I can't sleep any longer since I woke up, or should I say "was awakened," 30 minutes ago.  I feed them, give them a place to drink and to bathe, and my reward is being awakened at least two hours before I want to get up.  Birds.  Yes, birds.

They seem to be everywhere right now and acting crazy.  I know it is mating season, but really, Mr. Robin, can't you give it a break?
 Or move it down the road a bit?  Why do you insist on sitting outside my window when you are strutting your stuff?  Why are you singing your little heart out at 3:43 AM!?  I doubt that Ms. Robin is even awake, and if she isn't, I don't see how she can appreciate your song WHEN YOU WAKE HER UP.

The House Wrens are building a nest in the nest box in the garden, but they have the decency to keep down the noise at least until after I wake up, or maybe I just can't hear them as loudly since they are IN THE GARDEN, not outside my window.
 The Chickadees, who seem to be making a home for themselves in the little green roofed house on the fence, KEEP TO THEMSELVES.

Is it the worms that you eat?  Maybe digging up all of the moss I am trying to grow between my garden stepping stones is just too much for you.

Sleep a little longer and eat the nice seeds I leave for the other birds.  This is a deal you can't refuse.  Capisce?


No comments:

Post a Comment